You may feel the desire to people-please with your family, friends, and people you happen to pass on the street.
Though wanting to please people is not inherently wrong, people-pleasing has numerous adverse effects on the people-pleaser.
It sets unrealistic standards, puts self-care on the back burner, decreases self-esteem, and increases stress and anxiety. All around, this overwhelming sense to people-please is dangerous to your health and others around you.
The only way to beat people-pleasing is to have intense self-discipline, self-respect, and knowledge of your inner voice. This guide will learn many useful tips and tools for creating, setting, and enforcing healthy boundaries.
Here is what you will learn:
- The definition of boundaries;
- The benefits of setting boundaries;
- The 6 main types of boundaries;
- Why setting boundaries can be difficult;
- How to set boundaries;
- The proper motivation for setting boundaries;
- How to define your own boundaries;
- How to enforce your boundaries;
- How to set boundaries while dating;
- How to talk about boundaries with a partner;
- How to set boundaries in a marriage;
- How to set boundaries with children;
- How to set boundaries at work;
- Why you need boundaries in the workplace;
- How to express your boundaries to your boss;
- What to do when you experience pushback from your boss;
- How to set boundaries with yourself, including financial, health, social media, and scheduling boundaries;
- The three most common boundary resistance techniques;
- What to keep in mind when you face pushback;
- How to handle someone who disrespects your boundaries;
- Ways to measure the success of your boundaries;